In September 2018 Totter + Tumble launched the #playmat_ters campaign, donating Totter + Tumble playmats to do a little good by easing the life, routine and worries of those caring for children who need somewhere safe to play. And we couldn't have done it without you.
The concept originated at the same time that Totter+ Tumble was being formed. After a conversation with a friend, who had commented that the lack of a hygienic play space for her crawling baby to use during a hospital stay had added to their anxiety and the stress for their baby, the seed for the idea was sown.
At the same time, Totter + Tumble playmats were not only being engineered to be wipedown, they are also inherently anti-bacterial and anti-fungal due to the sealed surface and closed cell memory foam, making them an easy pass with the strict Infection Control Teams in charge of keeping our NHS safe. Furthermore, the quiet designs used for Totter + Tumble playmats are ideal for those who may be suffering from overwhelming situations, and the durability of the playmats mean that the staff and volunteers do not need to worry. To find out more about the features of Totter + Tumble playmats, head to the About page.
So when Totter + Tumble was launched, the charitable side was a definite mission and I am proud to say we have, so far, donated playmats to:
- Eastbourne District General NHS Hospital
- Lister NHS Hospital
- Wynthenshawe NHS Hospital
- Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Shooting Stars Hospices
- Whittingdon NHS Hospital
- BARTS NHS Hopsital
- Haven House Children's Hospice
- Solace Women's Aid Refuges
- Worcester NHS Hospital
- Birmingham Children's Hospital
- Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy
- Royal Brompton Hospital
- Royal Stoke Hospital
- Kings College NHS Hospital London
- Bristol Royal Children's NHS Hospital
- Michael Palin Centre for Stammering
- Little Village HQs
- Royal United NHS Hospital
- Royal Gloucester NHS Hospital
- Royal Cornwall NHS Hospital
- Musgrove Park NHS Hosptial
- North Devon District NHS Hospital
- Great Western NHS Hospital
- Yeovil District NHS Hospital
- Southmead NHS Hospital
- Derriford NHS Hospital
- Torbay NHS Hospital
- St Michael's NHS Hospital
- Royal Devon & Exeter Wonford NHS Hospital
All of the donations made so far have come as a result of you getting in touch with a suggestion. It may be where you work, where you or your family have been looked after, or a place you support.
If you have any suggestions of NHS wards, centres or charities that would benefit then please let me know using the contact form below. If you have a contact, then please add their information, but if not then do not worry - I will find a way to reach out if I think I can help.