Staying in is the new going out and it turns out at-home date nights and group parties can be really memorable. Restaurants countrywide are stepping up to the plate (ahem!) to deliver your favourite dishes to your doorstep and with apps like Zoom and Houseparty bringing people together virtually, you can get a taste of those pre-social distancing, off-duty evenings, from the comfort of your sofa.
Because we know you're run off your feet during these tough times, we’ve pulled together this quiz perfect for an evening once the little ones are in bed. Host a video call with your nearest and dearest and get stuck in - it will be fun, promise.
Round 1: Face Mash
Each Face has been created by mushing two celebrities together. Who are they?
One point for each double act!
Images provided with permission from artist Gesichtrermix.
Round 2: Random Knowledge Round
This isn’t one for the history buffs or those that can write a scientific equation. Anyone can play!
- Where on a horse would you find their frog?
- Which two countries have square flags?
- What airport has the code ABZ?
- Which British charity has the slogan ‘Refusing to ignore people in crisis’?
- In texting what does HAND stand for?
- Which two countries in South America do not border Brazil?
- What item of clothing was named after its Scottish inventor?
- In the "Thunderbirds", what was Lady Penelope's chauffeur called?
- Who was the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne?
Round 3: Ditloids
For example 3 B M is 3 Blind Mice.
Non-capitalised letters refer to prepositions or articles such as in, on, the, an, a.
15. S W a t 7 D
16. 12 I i a F
17. 400 M A a A T
18. 39 B S i t O Y
19. A t W i 80 D
20. 64 S o a C B
Round 4: Tube Stations
Here are the clues, what are the stations? (If you have no knowledge of London tube stations, everyone can use a tube map)
21. Bigger than big
22. Trumpeting New York thoroughfare
23. Irate monarch
24. Blackboard materials are grown here
25. There are no acrobats at this university
26. Mad dogs
27. 1760 Yards stop here
28. Red rose entrance
29. Patella’s lair
BONUS QUESTION: Which are the best playmats in the world?
Round 1: Face Mash Answers
1. Pierce Brosnan and Kiefer Sutherland
2. Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris
3. Nicolas Cage and Boris Becker
4. 50 cent and Shaquille O'Neal
5. Emma Watson and Russell Brand
Round 2: Random Knowledge Round Answers
7. Switzerland, Vatican City
9. British Red Cross
10. Have a Nice Day
11. Ecuador and Chile
12. The Makintosh
14. Dom Perignon
Round 3: Ditloids
15. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
16. 12 inches in a foot
17. 400 m around an athletics track
18. 39 Bible Stories in the Old Testament
19. Around the World in 80 Days
20. 64 squares on a chess board
Round 4: Tube Stations Answers
22. Tooting Broadway
23. Kings Cross
24. Chalk Farm
25. Oxford Circus
27. Mile End
28. Lancaster Gate
BONUS: 30. Totter + Tumble Playmats!